CREATED BY: Bria Fogelson | Liberty High School | Kristen Poe
|1 cup Arugula|
4 Whole Eggs
3 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
2 oz Breakfast Sausage
2 Cup Swiss Cheese (shredded)
3 tbsp Butter
3 tbsp Flour
3/4 cup Milk
5 Egg Whites
pinch Salt & Pepper
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Oregano
Saturated Fat: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Cook breakfast sausage in saute pan.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Line a large circle cake pan with parchment paper with enough to hang off the sides.
- Whisk egg whites and 1 cup cheese together until frothy.
- Pour egg/cheese mixture into cake pan and bake until egg whites have stiffened and set.
- While the crust is cooling, in a small bowl whisk 3 tbsp melted butter in a saucepan and whisk in four for about 2 minutes. Slowly mix in milk, add seasonings to taste. Remove from burner
- With a pastry brush, cover the pizza “crust” with the sauce then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top evenly. Create 4 little nests to crack eggs into. Sprinkle mushrooms and sausage over the cheese while reinforcing the little nests.
- Put back in oven and bake for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven then crack eggs into nests and back for about 5-10 more minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle with arugula and enjoy.